Monday, August 15, 2011

Thunderbirds mirrored Portsmouth Airshow Newington, NH

To get this shot the shutter speed is set quite high (the easy part) and the shutter is released in burst mode which creates a quick series of shots. Beware that the images are immediately stored in the cameras cache and read slowly onto the flash card at the rate that the card is capable of reading them. Once the cache is full, you cannot capture any more images until the cache has been read onto your card allowing more room for images to be captured. Shooting jpeg instead of RAW files speeds up this process, but I prefer to shoot RAW unless it gets to be a problem.
Also, I find that when shooting panning shots with a long lens (70-200mm f/2.8) I get lots of stability by cradling the lens with my left hand very near the lens hood and panning at the waist. This required shifting my feet just as the subject passed this critical point, but it didn't seem to matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment