Sunday, August 19, 2012

This is my favorite shot from the Great Waters Music Festival Masters of Motown concert. I already had several shots of the staff and the audience which was my assignment, so I took the liberty of doing some more creative photography. My Nikon D700 is probably capable of revealing the audience behind the soloist without the excessive noise that accompanies the requisite high ISO. However, I felt that the image was much more compelling with the audience's shadows and her features highlighted. The most important detail and most challenging thing was to make sure her eyes were in focus in spite of the low light. This was shot at f/4 ISO 5000 280mm (using a 1.4 teleconverter) in aperture priority mode using manual focus and a lot of guessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment