Friday, November 12, 2010

HMS Bounty Portsmouth, NH

This is the actual  HMS Bounty that was used in the original movie with Clark Gabel and Charles Laughton. She has been fully restored and is magnificent to behold. 
The sky was not cloudy. What you see is actually smoke from huge forest fires that were raging in Canada that day.
One of my favorite things to do with a composition is to frame the subject by using an element of the image such as these trees.
I have an ongoing project to give this a more historical appearance. I will either remove or disguise the navy yard in the background and the hideous orange fencing on the dock. It was not extremely difficult  to separate the shipyard from the rigging of the ship, but when I applied Gaussian blur to the background it came out appearing as if there was a massive cobweb in the rigging. See if you can find where I removed the raft from this image. (Hint: look at the reflection in the water.)

No comments:

Post a Comment